Our dog woke Shirley up in the middle of the night (3:07 AM exactly) and she heard our FOS Whip-poor-will when she took her outside so she could do what she had to do. Then this afternoon while we sat on the back porch our FOS Ruby-throated-hummingbird showed up. Unfortunately we weren't prepared but we immediately went inside and made up a batch, let it cool, and filled a couple of feeders. A half hour later he was back and we were able to watch him for several minutes as he fed.

Jack and Shirley Foreman
Rocky Ridge birders
Leslie, Missouri