Ronda,

The Bird Records Committee serves all birders in Missouri to keep records of early and late dates, rare birds, etc.  You can read more about what they do and why it’s important to “document” rare birds and unusual dates here:

http://mobirds.org/RecordsCommittee/

There is a site for these records that I consult often to check on different species and this is where I immediately went to look for the early arrival date for the Swainson’s Thrush:

http://mobirds.org/RecordsCommittee/ShowMe.aspx

I believe all of us on MOBirds love to watch birds and appreciate the changing seasons through them.  It adds to the information for all of us to pay attention to details and take time to document birds when it’s suitable.  Documentation of the Swainson’s Thrush you saw would add to the information on this species in Missouri.

“My” thrush skedaddled and was not seen or heard today.  Happy Migration!

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO
hummerhavenunltd.com