Hello Missouri Birders,

Battle on the Booming Grounds will not be shown again in western Missouri or eastern Kansas prior to the airingsĀ

Except .... on Sunday afternoon- 2:40 PM at the Cinemark Palace Theater on the Plaza as an Official Selection of the Kansas City Film Festival.

If you did not attend the FREE screening at the Nelson in March- I'm sorry. But by being at part of a Film Festival- you will have a modest ticket to pay for now.

The projection system at the Cinemark is very good, but the compression was lowered to get it on the drives. Funny how I now pick up little subtleties. The screen is enormous! Maybe 50 feet? Very good sound system showing off the final sound mix nicely.

Greater Prairie Chickens sound like they had a good year last year. but that can change. How much habitat is really needed to sustain a population? Come see the film and be ready to talk about acreage - habitat and a long term solution to the elegant bird.

Like I said, you can wait to see it on the small screen ....

Tim Barksdale,
Choteau, MT, and always Missouri