I sent a message from Eagle Bluffs but it apparently did not get
transmitted.  As reported earlier by Brad, there are increasing numbers of
shorebirds showing up at Eagle Bluffs CA.   This evening I was able to
relocate the ibis (12 in Pool 4), dunlin (2 in Pool 5), baird's (2 in Pool
5);  thought I had a white-rumped due to the streaking on the flanks but not
totally sure;  and many yellowlegs, pectorals and American Golden-plovers in
both Pools 4 and 5.   Had one kind of pudgy looking bird that could have
been a dowitcher.   Had several golden plovers starting into breeding
plumage and standing in the water -  which gave me a start toward "ruff"
until I saw the bill.   There was one probably hybrid blue-wing/cinnamon
teal --  had strong maroon coloration, but also the white rear-end triangle
that was tinged deep pink.   Waterfowl also remain in good numbers.

As the sun set I noticed 2 godwits in Pool 5 (seen from the parking lot with
the Pool 5 sign) - larger birds standing side by side, two-toned upcurved
bills, they were standing in profile so bill easy to observe;  they both had
an overall even rosy cinnamon color - however they were facing the setting
sun which may have enhanced the rosy color.  When I turned away and set up
the scope - you guessed it - they were gone.  I did not see them fly so
can't say for sure if they were Hudsonian or Marbled.  Was unable to
re-locate them.

Eagle Bluffs look so very welcoming for shorebirds;  should be an exciting
time for we birders!   Pool 5 provides excellent viewing as you are
primarily looking north.

Jean Leonatti

Boone County

Columbia, MO

ASM Spring Meeting: May 5-7, 2017 in Springfield, MO