Dear WI Faculty,

As you perhaps already know, The Writing Center will be hiring new WI tutors this spring for the following academic year, FS2017-SP2018. If you have excellent grad students who might be interested in working as WI tutors, please forward them this information. Although we provide substantial training for all new hires, we are especially looking for grad students who are interested in how other writers think, who possess an expert command of the craft of writing themselves, and who have strong communication skills-both verbal and nonverbal.
All WI tutor positions are quarter-time GTA assistantships (.25%fte; 10 hrs/wk). In fact, grad students who have an additional .25% in another academic department will qualify for a tuition waiver. Applications are due by Monday, May 1st. Additional information about the required application materials and our program may be found on our website: https://writingcenter.missouri.edu/writing-center-fellowships/

Please email me directly if you have specific questions. Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

Best,
Rachel

Rachel Harper, Ph.D.
Director, Writing Center