St. Louis Audubon Society will be hosting their annual American Woodcock/Owl Prowl on Saturday, March 11 at Busch Conservation Area beginning at 5 pm.   We will meet at the Hampton Lake parking lot at 5 pm (directions below and on the St. Louis Audubon website: www.stlouisaudubon.org.)   We will first search for owls at a few locations in Busch CA until around 6 pm.   We will then proceed to the Blue Grosbeak trail parking lot to hear, and hopefully see, the woodcocks demonstrate.  The event should be completed around 7 pm.

Make sure to monitor MOBirds for updates.  Given the rainy/snowy forecast, this may have to be canceled. If anybody has any scouting reports please send them to me as I have been away.

It is always cooler, especially near dark, at Busch so dress appropriately.   Bring your own binoculars.

All birders are invited, and you do not need to be a St. Louis Audubon member.  This is also a good trip for beginners and children over age 6.

Directions to Busch Conservation Area/Hampton Lake parking lot:

Take Hwy 64/40 to the Hwy 94 exit.  Go south on Hwy 94 about 1.3 miles to Hwy D.  Turn right and go about 2 miles to the Busch CA entrance, on the right.  At the T, turn left to the Hampton Lake parking lot, which is on the right.

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO