St. Louis Audubon Society will be hosting their annual American Woodcock/Owl
Prowl on Saturday, March 11 at Busch Conservation Area beginning at 5 pm.
We will meet at the Hampton Lake parking lot at 5 pm (directions below and
on the St. Louis Audubon website: www.stlouisaudubon.org
<http://www.stlouisaudubon.org> .)   We will first search for owls at a few
locations in Busch CA until around 6 pm.   We will then proceed to the Blue
Grosbeak trail parking lot to hear, and hopefully see, the woodcocks
demonstrate.  The event should be completed around 7 pm.

Make sure to monitor MOBirds for updates.  Given the rainy/snowy forecast,
this may have to be canceled. If anybody has any scouting reports please
send them to me as I have been away.

It is always cooler, especially near dark, at Busch so dress appropriately.
Bring your own binoculars.

All birders are invited, and you do not need to be a St. Louis Audubon
member.  This is also a good trip for beginners and children over age 6.

Directions to Busch Conservation Area/Hampton Lake parking lot:

Take Hwy 64/40 to the Hwy 94 exit.  Go south on Hwy 94 about 1.3 miles to
Hwy D.  Turn right and go about 2 miles to the Busch CA entrance, on the
right.  At the T, turn left to the Hampton Lake parking lot, which is on the
right.

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO

ASM Spring Meeting: May 5-7, 2017 in Springfield, MO