Just had a first for me..

I witnessed an adult male American Kestrel take a Northern Cardinal at my ground feeder.

I normally lose small birds to the Sharp-shinned and Cooper's Hawks that seem to frequent my feeding area.  However I rarely see American Kestrels in my yard or near my residence and to witness this was a surprise for sure.

Terry McNeely
25843 Grate Ave
Jameson, MO?? 64647
Daviess County