This morning I checked out the Heronry along Locust Creek several miles south of Pershing SP. I was looking from the west end of Kaye Road in Chariton Co. Though I have not been seeing many Great Blue Herons around there were at least 25 there at the site where I have observed them and Great Egrets nesting the last few years.
 Saw several big flocks of Blackbirds in Chariton Co. today also. These mixed flocks included Red-winged Blackbirds, Common Grackles, Brown-headed Cowbirds, and some Rusty Blackbirds.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.