I went out for a bike ride around dawn today on my usual route -- CR543,
east of Pocahontas in north Cape county.   Lots of birds have started
singing actively -- robins, song sparrows, meadowlarks, etc.  This trip I
had my FOY singing Field Sparrows -- even though I've been seeing them in
SE Missouri all winter, they were keeping quiet until now.   I don't keep
records on earliest date singing for birds, but it would be interesting to
know how this compares with past years.

-Allen Gathman
Pocahontas, MO (Cape Girardeau County)