I heard a Killdeer this morning also. Turkey Vultures are back in the area, and I also heard Horned Larks this morning. I don't know I'd these are early or just regular timing, but it seems a little like spring.
Marge Lumpe
Benton County

________________________________
From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Dianne & Steve Kinder <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2017 8:46:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Killdeer back in North Mo. & Lots Waterfowl

I had several Killdeer today when I went over to the Zell tract on the SE corner of Pershing SP. Linn Co.
Lots of waterfowl there too including 75 Trumpeter Swans. Many Swamp Sparrows in the marshy areas which has been a common theme in the area this Winter. A flock of 25-30 Wild Turkeys were across the road with some of the Gobblers strutting. A high flying female Northern Harrier went over going North like it was not stopping for awhile. Couple more Killdeer on south along Ranch Ave in Chariton Co. Bunch of Meadowlarks singing with at least a couple Western songs mixed in. Horned Larks singing too.
   I came back through Fountain Grove CA where there were 400+ Common Mergansers and several dozen Hooded Mergansers on Che-Ru lake. Bunch of Ring-billed Gulls, about a dozen Bald Eagles, and a Belted Kingfisher there also.. Saw probably about 1000 Greater White-fronted Geese at Fountain Grove all together today. Big numbers of Mallards, with smaller numbers of some other Ducks all around today. Flocks of Snow Geese still moving around all over this part of North Mo.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.

Archives<https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html> / Subscription options<https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1> / ASM Website<http://mobirds.org> / Email the list owners<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

ASM Spring Meeting: May 5-7, 2017 in Springfield, MO Details and Online Registration<http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/