Well, that is my reading, for whatever worth it is.

Regards,
CR

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:55 PM Richard Seddon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
The only thing i see in common among your quotes is Eliot.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 21, 2017, at 10:08 AM, Chanan Mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

?????

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:06 PM Richard Seddon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
CR

Come on you are pulling my leg

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 21, 2017, at 9:10 AM, Chanan Mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Came upon these lines from THE WASTE LAND:

You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
They called me the hyacinth girl."
- Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

http://slayground.livejournal.com/846903.html

Umpteen number of times, I've associated these lines with Gerontion's

I that was near your heart was removed therefrom
To lose beauty in terror, terror in inquisition.

To me it goes back to his willful desertion of Emily Hale in LA FIGLIA:

She turned away, but with the autumn weather
Compelled my imagination many days,
Many days and many hours:
Her hair over her arms and her arms full of flowers.

The echoes of this loss reverberate in the opening passage of BURNT NORTON:

Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden.

Not, however, without its final resolution in LITTLE GIDDING:

                   This is the use of memory:
For liberation - not less of love but expanding
Of love beyond desire, and so liberation
From the future as well as the past.

Cheers,
CR