My vision of Eliot has never been one of someone "as usual, lost in the
rhythms..." etc. "As usual" Rick? Now who's pulling whom's leg? I'm sure
rhythms can be seductive, à la E's remarks on succumbing to the
influence of Shakespeare, but Mr. Deliberate Goes Unconscious for a
Spell? I don't think so. On the other hand, your answer for his
"suppression" of St. Narcissus could still be quite right, ie. a poem
that he could not bring to the satisfactory completion of its action and
abandoned, or, as Guy Brown put it, "selected against."

I'll say for CR's interpretation of his three quotes, he at least
presents some unifying threads, that still need support, but certainly
exceed statements that amount to nothing more than "No, they're not."

On Carrol's invitation, what to say but been there, done that.

;-)

Ken A