To St. Louis area birders (and others who may want to join us):

WHAT:     St. Louis Audubon Society field trip, full day.

WHEN:     Saturday, January 28 (5 days from now)

WHERE:   Meet at Teal Pond, Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary. From I-270 in north St. Louis County, take exit 31B north and follow highway 367 toward Alton. Cross the Missouri River, go past the turn for MO-94, and continue until the bridge to Alton is in sight. Take the last available right turn before the bridge, where you see the gas station; then go past the station and turn right again on Wise Road. The Teal Pond parking lot is ahead of you on your right.

MEETING TIME:   8:00 a.m.  We will check Teal Pond first but will take off for other parts of the area before too long.

TENTATIVE PLAN: We will probably spend a good deal of time looking for waterfowl, gulls, and other water-related birds at Riverlands. If time permits, we may drive out the road to Confluence State Park. Other options are possible too.

I plan to have a fast-food lunch, then continue birding with anyone who wishes to stay into the afternoon.

WHO:  Everyone is welcome, whether a member of St. Louis Audubon Society or not.  Out-of-towners are invited!

CONDITIONS:  Please dress appropriately for whatever weather is predicted.  At this moment, weather.com is predicting temperatures around 28-40, mostly sunny -- but of course that can change.

LEADERS:  Myself and probably some other members of the leader group.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis