People can debate whether the federal government should be involved in conversation, but it cannot be disputed that the federal government is heavily involved in conservation.  Across the country, including in Missouri, National Wildlife Refuges offer some of the very best bird habitats we have left--and the best birding.  I think it is imperative that this community keep informed of anything--be it natural disaster, political action, or bird fallout--that directly impacts those bird habitats.  I would say the new congressional rules on the sale of federal lands fall squarely within those parameters.  Facts are not political, after all.

Patrick Bousquet
St. Louis