People can debate whether the federal government *should *be involved in
conversation, but it cannot be disputed that the federal government
*is *heavily
involved in conservation.  Across the country, including in Missouri,
National Wildlife Refuges offer some of the very best bird habitats we have
left--and the best birding.  I think it is imperative that this community
keep informed of anything--be it natural disaster, political action, or
bird fallout--that directly impacts those bird habitats.  I would say the
new congressional rules on the sale of federal lands fall squarely within
those parameters.  Facts are not political, after all.

Patrick Bousquet
St. Louis