Stopped by the Horseshoe Lake Borrow Pits looking for the Lesser black- backed gulls previously reported. I found four although 1 is probably a hybrid as Bill Rowe previously described. There were also at least 1000 canvasbacks and a few other puddle ducks. The area around the pits is really muddy right now and will probably get worst over the weekend.
Canteen Lake had probably just as many gulls as the pits and a few hundred ducks. There was a  gull in the middle of the roost that gave me quick looks at its bill and head that MIGHT have been a 1st winter Glaucus Gull but I did not get a satisfactory look.
Horseshoe Lake now has more open water and the ducks are starting to come back
Dave HaenniDes Peres, MO

ASM Spring Meeting: May 5-7, 2017 in Springfield, MO