Thanks to Bryan Prather for this amazing find! (And Diane Bricmont for the phone call.)  This Surf Scoter was a first winter male in transition. He looked a bit like a pimply teenager.  TOO WONDERFUL.

We thought this bird would have been reported by others who were contacted, or we would have reported about this cool guy sooner.

Here are a few photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/albums/72157676218662132

Remember to copy and paste the link if it doesn't work directly for you.

Andy Reago

St. Louis MO