I had a nice variety of Sparrows while X-C Skiing at Fountain Grove CA this morning. They were mostly in brushy areas near some of the many Sunflower plantings there. These included Song, Savannah, American Tree, White-throated, White-crowned, Fox, Harris's, and DE Junco. The WCSP & FOSP were doing quite a lot of singing, and heard HASP couple times, but not the others?  At one place I was able to pish up 50+ of several species of these guys. There were also Cardinals, Bluejays, Goldfinch, Mourning Doves, and Red-winged Blackbirds at that spot. Had a small covey of four Bobwhite Quail at another spot. And yes CB it is Winter here now!

Happy Holidays,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.