Good morning MObirders -

I have been birding east Forest Park regularly since August and this may have been the most interesting morning. After finding the usual suspects, I was surprised by a flock of Rusty Blackbirds, mixed in with hundreds of Red-Wings. The most fascinating was a partially leucistic adult!! It was a dark individual with a bright white face (reminiscent of the White-headed woodpecker I saw in Oregon). Thankfully I was holding my camera for the brief instant it sat still.

The whole flock was constantly moving between the mud-flats of Hatchery Ponds and the surrounding trees, before departing west.

Pictures are attached to my eBird checklist:

Happy Birding and Happy Holidays

Joel Rurik
St. Louis City, MO