Mobirders: Lately while watching birds coming to my suet feeder, I've
noticed a different color pattern on the backs of two separate female
Downys.
One has a plain white middle of the back and also plain white outer tail
feathers
The other one has the middle of the back marked along with black on the
outer tail feathers.
Here are photos of the two birds in question:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dpwagtail/30558493574/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dpwagtail/31010863920/in/dateposted-public/

Can anyone explain why the difference in markings on the same species?
The reference books all show female Downys with a plain white center on the
back and also black markings on the outer tail feathers.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Dave Pierce
Wildwood, MO.

--
D. Pierce
Senior Dogs 4 Seniors

 “To the world you are just one person; to a rescued pet you are the
WORLD.”

ASM Spring Meeting: May 5-7, 2017 in Springfield, MO