Thanks Kathleen. I clicked on the black box and it put a check mark in and ebird accepted it. Sometimes my mind is just a brick.

Mary

On Nov 26, 2016, at 6:17 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

I think you just have to write a description of the bird and check a box, then it will accept your sighting.
Kathleen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mary Dodds McCarthy" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2016 5:00:05 PM
Subject: Green heron, Boone County

We took the dog around Forum Wetlands in Columbia this afternoon. Put the checklist on ebird, but it would not accept the little Green Heron. It was on the south (Hinkson Creek) side of the larger pool in back, right on the shoreline a few feet off the trail. Stayed very still and was definitely a juvenile just changing to adult plumage. Otherwise mostly the usual, with a few Wilson's Snipe, some White Throated Sparrows and a big flock of Canada Geese flying over.

Mary