To St. Louis area birders (and others who may want to join us):

WHAT:     St. Louis Audubon Society field trip, half day.

WHEN:     Saturday, November 5 (4 days from now)

WHERE:   Meet at Teal Pond, Riverlands Migratory Bird Sanctuary. From I-270
in north St. Louis County, take exit 31B north and follow highway 367
toward Alton. Cross the Missouri River, go past the turn for MO-94, and
continue until the bridge to Alton is in sight. Take the last available
right turn before the bridge, where you see the gas station; then go past
the station and turn right again on Wise Road. The Teal Pond parking lot is
ahead of you on your right.

MEETING TIME:   8:00 a.m.  We will check Teal Pond first but will take off
for other parts of the area before too long.

TENTATIVE PLAN: We will probably spend a good deal of time looking for
waterfowl, larids (gulls & terns), and other water-related birds at
Riverlands. If time permits, we may drive out the road to Confluence State
Park. Other options are possible too. The trip is expected to end at about
noon.

WHO:  Everyone is welcome, whether a member of St. Louis Audubon Society or
not.  Out-of-towners are invited!

CONDITIONS:  Please dress appropriately for whatever weather is predicted.
At this moment, weather.com is predicting temperatures around 48-60, mostly
sunny -- but of course that can change.

LEADERS:  Myself, Mike Grant, and possibly some other members of the leader
group.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis