Bushwacked around the large tall grass field out at Weldon Springs  CA(blue
grosbeak trail area)this morn in search of various  sparrows

Sparrows were few and far between and had to work hard for  the ones I did
find.Didnt help that it was late morn.

Did manage a  decent diversity with about 5 LeConte's,1 lincolns,several
swamp,  savanna,song  field and about a dozen or  so white-crowneds.

Unlike a few weeks ago when I found the  LeConte's at Busch  sitting up on
stalks. the birds this morn behaved more  typical and would fly up,go a
short distance ,then back into the  grass.

Had what was probably a vesper but couldn't pin him down  long enough.

And no doubt due to the warm fall temps the past few  months had a
lingering juv common yellowthroat.

-Mike  Brady
Ballwin,MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/