The date for the Big Oak Tree State Park Christmas Bird Count is Thursday, December 15, and the Mingo National Wildlife Refuge count is Saturday, December 31. For the former, meet at 6 a.m. at the restaurant at Boomland at the Charleston exit (Hwy 102) off I-57. For the latter, meet at Mel's Diner in Puxico, Mo. at 6 a.m. At both, we will eat breakfast and determine who is going where. All are welcomed--we can pair up novices with experienced folks.
Hope to see some of you there!
----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau, compiler