I found a nice variety of Sparrows this morning, despite breezy conditions, at the Zell tract addition on the SE corner of Pershing State Park. These included LeConte's, Clay-colored, Savannah, Field, Song, Swamp,Lincoln's, White-crowned, and Fox. Some of the other birds observed there were Greater White-fronted Geese, Virginia Rail, Sharp-shinned Hawk, Red-shouldered Hawk, Belted Kingfisher, and Orange-crowned and Common Yellowthroat Warblers. Male Red-winged Blackbirds were perched up and singing like it was Spring!    I added Chipping Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, and Junco in a short time in the main part of Pershing. Still missing Harris's Sparrow so far this Fall.There was a single Great Egret in the oxbow at the south end.
Later,Steve KinderChillicothe, Livinston [log in to unmask]

ASM Spring Meeting: May 5-7, 2017 in Springfield, MO