I gave up waiting for Golden-crowned Kinglets and Red-breasted Nuthatches to show up on our place. I went to Ashland Wildlife Area in southern Boone County and went to the pines on Shelton Ln, south of Y highway. Two RB Nuthatches, 2 Golden-crowned KInglets and 2 Ruby-crowned Kinglets.

I headed back to Bradford Farm to see if I could get a look at the Nelson's Sparrow but no good looks yet. Some suspect dark sparrows. I did get Henslow's Sparrows, Le Conte's Sparrows, Marsh and Sedge Wrens and two bobolinks in the same acre just north of the west irrigation lake. Photos of Henslow's Sparrow on eBird:   http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S32061566  Later this week I will give another try for the Nelson's. Just as the sun comes up is the best time as Nelson's, Henslow's and Le Conte's sparrows often will sit up on top of the vegetation for an hour or so after sunrise and one can get good looks and photos.

Brad Jacobs.