Thanks to Mike Brady, I headed back to BWA this morning and ran into Brian and Diane, who had already found a LeConte's sparrow and sedge wren, right where Mike had described. Got great looks at these birds, plus Lincoln's, white-crowned, swamp, and song sparrows (around the first bunker). We also watched an accipiter (probably sharp-shinned) grab a bird out of the field. It apparently stashed the unfortunate victim somewhere, because it shortly thereafter took off without its prey.

Also had a flock of 60 white-fronted geese fly by. I later saw what appeared to be the same flock flying over the blue grosbeak trail area.

Rad Widmer
St. Louis