Tom Parmeter and I observed an adult Laughing Gull in Ellis Bay, Riverlands, this afternoon. It was perched among Ring-bills, not far from a dozen Bonaparte's, and in the general vicinity of hundreds of waterfowl (Gadwall, Mallard, Ruddy, American Wigeon, Greater White-fronted Goose, Northern Shoveler, and Green-winged Teal, along with coots and pelicans).

About 30 minutes after we found it, the bird took off and flew far away, over the Mel Price Dam. I don't know if it was seen by anyone else, but I thought I should post it even though it may not show up again.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis