Tom Parmeter and I observed an adult Laughing Gull in Ellis Bay,
Riverlands, this afternoon. It was perched among Ring-bills, not far from a
dozen Bonaparte's, and in the general vicinity of hundreds of waterfowl
(Gadwall, Mallard, Ruddy, American Wigeon, Greater White-fronted Goose,
Northern Shoveler, and Green-winged Teal, along with coots and pelicans).

About 30 minutes after we found it, the bird took off and flew far away,
over the Mel Price Dam. I don't know if it was seen by anyone else, but I
thought I should post it even though it may not show up again.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/