Good afternoon,

I made a jaunt to Lewis and Clark State Park in Buchanan County today to see what was new. There was a flock of around 400 Franklin's Gulls on the lake and they slowly started to take off over a 10 minute period.  When it came to the last gull left I got excited because it had a distinctive brown hood and back and sure enough when it took off it was another Sabine's Gull.  Pictures are on the ebird checklist.

Quite a year so far for seeing them.

Nic Allen
Parkville, MO