Hi Dave, On September 4, I saw a large flock of swifts entering a roost on
the MU campus. I wrote the following post on the facebook page of Columbia
Audubon Society:

"Walking up fifth street on the MU campus this evening, we saw ahuge flock
of Chimney Swifts entering their evening roost.  We saw a flock of hundreds
of birds swirling over a chimney on the [Academic Support] In building at
5th and Stewart.

As dusk settled, we could see birds drop out of the flock an into the
chimney -- first single birds, then a few at the time, then dozens at a
time. As it became dark, the whole flock funnelled into the chimney.

I estimate about 500 birds are roosting in this single chimney..."

John