From: Don Pinkston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:09/04/2016  2:43 PM  (GMT-06:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Swallow-Tailed Kite Sighting

We were not sure whom to contact but we wanted to let someone in the area know that this morning around 10:00 am, we sighted a Swallow-Tailed Kite soaring over a field just off (east) of S. Pflumm Rd between South 151st Street and South 159th Street in Overland Park (or Olathe – not exactly sure of the border).  Initially we did not know what type of bird it was but as we did our research it looked much like the picture below and the size matched as well.  Our guess is that it is a fairly rare bird to be see in our area.

Don and Barbara Pinkston
11913 W 131st Street
Overland Park, KS 66213

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/