I haven't been a member of the listserv for a couple years. Had to resubscribe to post this information.

One ROSEATE SPOONBILL sighted in creek on Scott Air Force Base, August 25th, approximately 2:50pm. Sighting not mine; by a relative who is a contract employee doing mitigation work on the base. He is not a birder, took photo with his cell phone and sent to me for ID. I do not have location specifics beyond those already written.

Certainly it presents difficulties getting onto the AFB in a legal manner. I share the sighting for those birders that be military or have connections.

Matt Schamberger
St. Louis