SLAS CARLYLE PELAGIC TRIP-SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2016 (PELAGIC PORTION 3:00-6:00 PM).

The SLAS Carlyle Pelagic Trip will be held on Saturday September 17, 2016.  Meet at the McDonald's in Carlyle, on highway 127 near highway 50 at 6:30 am.  We will spend most of the morning watching abundant migrant land birds in Hazlett State Park, followed by a break for lunch.  We will continue birding after lunch and will search the lake for Sabine's Gull, Jaegers and other rarities from the boats from 3-6 pm.  Please arrive for the boat ride 15 minutes early.  We will board the boats from the West Access Marina on the west side of the lake near the dam.  Look for all the sailboat masts.  This trip can be one of the highlights of your birding year.  Landbird migrant numbers vary with the weather patterns.  Some years it is amazing.  SABINE'S GULL, RED PHALAROPE and BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER are all possible on this trip.  The day list will likely run around 90 species.  The land-based portion of the trip is free as always.  The Pelagic Trip is $30 per person.  Make your reservation for the Pelagic by sending an e-mail to [log in to unmask]  Your reservation will be confirmed once your check is received.  Send your check, made payable to Joe Eades to 517 Willow Lane Kirkwood, MO 63122.  There will be no refunds as the proceeds must cover boat rental and gas.  Bring a hat, sunscreen, water, snacks, insect repellant (if you desire), and comfortable walking shoes.  We also need as much popcorn as we can get our hands on.  This really brings the gulls in around the boat for great views.  Expect several hours of walking.  Confirmed trip participants will receive further information as the trip draws near. Trip Leader/Coordinator:  Joe Eades ([log in to unmask])

Thank you,
Joe Eades
Kirkwood, MO

This email and any attachments were sent from a Monsanto email account and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this email and any attachments immediately. Any unauthorized use, including disclosing, printing, storing, copying or distributing this email, is prohibited. All emails and attachments sent to or from Monsanto email accounts may be subject to monitoring, reading, and archiving by Monsanto, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, as permitted by applicable law. Thank you.