I had a nest in my big front-yard sweet gum the summer before that sudden violent cell.  I heard a call I didn't recognize.  One adult was checking out the nest site, and what appeared to be the other parent and a fledgling were in a dead tree across the street.  There had been a storm and, to me, they seemed to be checking out he nest, even though they were no longer using it that summer.

Dency Kahn
Olivette, St Louis County

Sent from my iPad