Barbara and myself were birding the Aldrich arm of Stockton lake this morning when we spotted an unusual bird soaring over the lake.  We believe this was a Long-tailed jaeger!  The bird was observed for some 5-7 minutes.  Several photos, of poor quality, were taken.  They do show most of the field marks of this species.  The bird was seen northwest of the Hwy 125 bridge.  Bird finally dropped below a ridgeline across the lake to the west of our observation point.  The e-bird report with photos may be found under Polk county and then the Aldrich arm hotspot.  This would be a life bird for us.  Any comments would be appreciated.  A documentation will be filed.

best regards;

David and Barbara Blevins
Springfield