I was scoping from Pool 14 east end parking lot. I saw the gull on a dry mudflat and watched it for about 20 minutes, taking photos and video, from this 1/3 mile distance.  I could clearly see in the scope the yellow bill, wide red spot on the lower mandible, and the yellow legs the same bright color as the bill. Below is my checklist and two photos.

I called Jean L. and she posted it on Mobird-l, but when I looked back it was gone. I searched up the channel on the way back and didn't see it.  It was probably dropping out of the stormy rainy weather in the area and only came down briefly.

I am going down this morning to see if I can find it again and get closer to it. Again it is storming and raining so who knows what else might have dropped in.

Brad

Brad Jacobs
Missouri Department of Conservation
P.O.Box 180