All,

I got a brief glimpse of what I think may have been a Swallow-tailed Kite at Grand and Bates Ave. in St. Louis at 5:30 pm today (Friday).  A very graceful, sweeping bird with a split tail.  Flew like a Kite and not a Flycatcher.  It was backlit but I'm sure I saw a distinct black and white pattern.  Lost the bird over the horizon.  I'm not reporting it to eBird because I'm not sure and have had no experience with this species.

If you are in the area keep a look out.

Scott Laurent