[Mobirders, this is a special event you may wish to attend.  I'm forwarding the invitation at the request of Carol Davit

Edge Wade, [log in to unmask]]

You have probably seen the invitations to our Annual Dinner on August 6 in the MPF e-news. I would like to personally invite Audubon members and anyone interested in proteting birds and prairies to the dinner--it will be a great evening for a great cause. This is MPF's 50th anniversary year, and during the past five decades we have acquired more than 3,200 acres in 20 tracts of land, and have conserved thousands more through our advocacy and partnerships with private individuals and public agencies. MPF prairies provide habitat for many bird species of conservation concern--and last year, our Bruns Tract, as one example, was found to have the highest density of Henslow's Sparrows of any area surveyed by the Missouri River Bird Observatory. And, of course, we also run the now 16-year-old Grow Native! program that promotes the use of native plants to benefit birds and many other native species.

We can not continue our conservation work without support from our members, birder friends, and others who share our passion for prairie conservation. Reserving a seat at our dinner--with featured speaker Dr. Jane Fitzgerald of the American Bird Conservancy--is one way to help us. Dr. Fitzgerald will present "Prairies Past, Grasslands Present, and the Birds that Need Them" -- a fitting topic for our 50th Anniversary and the Centennial of the Migratory Bird Treaty. Our dinner sponsor is Bass Pro Shops and our host sponsor is Mizzou Botanic Garden.

Before Dr. Fitzgerald's talk, enjoy a social hour (two drink tickets included with price of ticket), silent auction of beautiful and unusual items (including a 1907 edition of Otto Widman's A Preliminary Catalog of the Birds of Missouri), fiddle music by Grammy-nominated Dr. Howard Marshall, and a delicious dinner. And $51 of every ticket purchased is tax deductible!

You can reserve a seat or a table today. Reservations are needed by July 29. And get a preview of the evening's silent auction items.

Thank you for your support, Mitch! We hope you and others from St. Louis Audubon can attend.

Sincerely,
Carol Davit
Executive Director
Editor, Missouri Prairie Journal
Missouri Prairie Foundation
P.O. Box 200
Columbia, MO 65205
www.moprairie.org
www.grownative.org
cell: 573-356-7828
We'd love to see you at our upcoming events!
Why Prairie Matters -- enjoy our video