Yesterday there were three (3) Black-bellied Whistling Ducks at the west end of Horseshoe Lake, south of St. Joseph.

A few miles south of St. Joseph on 59 Highway is a west going Pettet Road. About 3/4 mile there is Horseshoe Lake on the south side of the road. The ducks were at the very west end of the lake. They were sitting on the mud shore just next to the water. Later in the day they were on the far side of the lake in some short vegetation. A little more difficult to see, but still identifiable.

Steve Kinder and I will be going by there this morning. I expect that the ducks will still be there.