Two MS Kites were flying over the intersection of Chapel Hill Rd and Fairview Rd in Columbia about 6 pm yesterday. I had seen at least one, maybe two, in this same area a month or so ago. Will have to follow Pat’s recommendation and go nest hunting.

Susan Hazelwood

Columbia, MO

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Eaton
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 10:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mississippi Kites active this Monday morning in Webster Groves

I just watched a Mississippi Kite making lazy circles over downtown Kirkwood too. Fun to watch!

Susan Eaton

Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO

On Monday, July 11, 2016, Pat Lueders <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I look for Mississippi Kites to get more active and visible in Webster Groves after 7/4, possibly feeding young.  This morning I counted 6 kites at the same time activily feeding over the corner of Lockwood & Berry Rds near Westborough Country Club.  They were mowing the fairways which might have been stirring up the dragonflies.  I saw 4 in other areas of Webster also kiting.  Now I'll try to find a nest!  The club also has a nice colony of Purple Martins using the martin house and flying over the lakes, maybe 15 juveniles and adults.

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO

Sent from my iPad