Well, God or no God, perfection is relative. We can acquire only a degree of it.
And so at no stage can we be "perfect."

Regards,
CR

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016, Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
The proposition, "God is perfect," is probably heretical. In all of its usages "perfect" retains some of its literal meaning, "brought to an end, completed."  And hence the word _could_ (I've never explored the matter) carry the implication that at _some point in time_ God was incomplete, but now has become what He Is.

That way madness lurks.

:-)

Carrol

P.S. I've just discovered by accident that the complete text of Canto XVI is available for download at the Poetry site. That Canto is a marvel even when pronounced by the synthetic voice of ZoomText. Il miglior fabbro indeed.