I  was surprised to hear a SEWR singing this morning from a field of mature wheat while Di and I were running a grassland BBS route near Shawnee Trails CA. I heard an Upland Sandpiper from another stop near by. Had couple of Common Nighthawks flying around over a farmstead mid-morning also. Only had one Henslow's Sparrow from our stops, but there were several singing at the Regal Praire Natural area at Praire State Park. lots of Bobwhite calling, plus usual high number of Mockingbirds, and many YB Chats and Bell's Vireos today and Scissortail Flycatchers of course.
Always enjoy the time down in this area, and weather couldn't be much better right now.

Later,
Steve Kinder