Looks to me like it might be a Chipping Sparrow in juvenal plumage.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

From: Dwight R Cruikshank <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2016 11:47 AM
Subject: sparrow ID help?

Hello,

A new sparrow has showed up on our patio that we are having some difficulty identifying.  We’ve had white-throated, white-crowned, song, american tree, and chipping, but this seems to be something different. We’re thinking it resembles some of the Vesper Sparrow photos we’ve been looking at.  Might it be a juvenile bird?

Here’s a photo of another new visitor to our yard, a Brown Thrasher:

Thanks,
Dwight Cruikshank
Columbia, MO