Looks to me like it might be a Chipping Sparrow in juvenal plumage.
----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

      From: Dwight R Cruikshank <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2016 11:47 AM
 Subject: sparrow ID help?

Hello,
A new sparrow has showed up on our patio that we are having some difficulty identifying.  We’ve had white-throated, white-crowned, song, american tree, and chipping, but this seems to be something different. We’re thinking it resembles some of the Vesper Sparrow photos we’ve been looking at.  Might it be a juvenile bird?
Here’s a photo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6s43velooinhhk8/Sparrow.jpg?dl=0
Here’s a photo of another new visitor to our yard, a Brown Thrasher:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1pyyy9gxoxbyex/Brown%20Thrasher.jpg?dl=0

Thanks,Dwight CruikshankColumbia, MO The Audubon Society of Missouri's Wild Bird Discussion Forum
Archives / Subscription options / ASM Website / Email the list ownersABA Birding Code of EthicsASM Fall Meeting: September 23-25, 2016 at Camp Clover Point, Lake of the Ozarks State Park, Kaiser, MO Details and Online Registration