I walked out to Columbia Wetland Cell #2 this evening.  This is located about 1/2 mile east of McBaine on the Katy Trail.  I heard a Common Gallinule call several times while I was there.  I walked on further down the trail and on my return trip past the wetland, the Gallinule was being quite vocal and could be easily heard from the Katy Trail.  This was right about dusk.  I never did see the bird as he was hiding in the reeds.  Sure was a beautiful evening to be out.

Greg Leonard
Columbia, Missouri