Last evening at 7p, two MIKI were flying over the neighborhood on the east
side of Bethel Road between Green Meadows Rd. and S. Brookline Rd. (the one
that has all the Spanish named streets).   At times they flew in tandem, and
other times interacted.  Lasted about 10 minutes, then one flew in a
northeasterly direction and the other flew southwest.  I lost sight of the
first one.  The second one appeared to be flying over that water treatment
facility at Bethel near Nifong, and then later re-appeared and flew
northeast.

Today, I played in a golf tournament at Country Club of Missouri.  About
10a, a MIKI circled overhead over the section of the course that is south of
Nifong and west of Bethel by about a mile.  There could have been two, but
never saw two in the air at the same time.  Thought I saw one fly into a
large sycamore.  Hard to know if we might have two pairs in the area, or if
the one pair is still searching far and wide for the right nest tree. All I
can say for sure is that we have Mississippi Kites again this year in south
Columbia.

Jean Leonatti

Boone County

Columbia,  MO