Dear Pete,

"Taken aback" is an understatement for what we feel. (The "we" is obviously
not his supporters, but it seems to include just about all of the press now
as well as anyone who actually considers what he is saying.) He is
dangerous.

As for voting, I'm with E. M. Forster: "Two cheers for democracy"--and two
cheers for voting. There isn't any other way to get leaders who are not
authoritarians--even if the people do also vote wrong sometimes.
Nancy