From: T. S. Eliot Discussion forum. [mailto:[log in to unmask]')">[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rickard A. Parker
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2016 3:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]')">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Was T. S. Eliot a Key to Hillary’s Success?

So first I find out Obama wrote letters about The Waste Land to his girlfriend. Then I find out that Kerry would recite Prufrock from memory. And now there is this on Hillary Clinton:

"Was T. S. Eliot a Key to Hillary’s Success?"
By Robin Bates | Published: June 8, 2016

Better Living Through Beowulf
http://betterlivingthroughbeowulf.com/t-s-eliot-a-key-to-hillarys-success/

Part of the webpage says:

Now to “East Coker.” The first stanza of Part V provided the epigraph of Clinton’s Wellesley thesis on activist Saul Alinsky, and she referenced it again in her Wellesley commencement speech. The poem is about Eliot’s frustration that language continually lets him down in the welter of emotions. “Each venture,” he writes,

Is a new beginning, a raid on the inarticulate With shabby equipment always deteriorating In the general mess of imprecision of feeling, Undisciplined squads of emotion.

The webpage links "Wellesley thesis on activist Saul Alinsky" to:
   http://www.hillaryclintonquarterly.com/documents/HillaryClintonThesis.pdf
And "Wellesley commencement speech" links to:
   http://www.wellesley.edu/events/commencement/archives/1969commencement/studentspeech